Friday, July 29, 2011

Almost Ramadan...

I'm a muslim and August is the month of Ramadan. This year it runs from Aug. 1 to Sept. 1st. Last year was my first fast and I really sucked at keeping it.

This year I'm REALLY going to try to keep the fast. I can not eat, what I find difficult is not drinking. Also this year I`m going to be working a whole lot more often, and inside a hospital - which is REALLY dry and so I`m going to be even more thirsty. So this month is going to be interesting.

Also this Ramadan, I`m going to try to wear my hijab EVERY day. Currently I only wear it to pray. I feel the compulsion to wear it more often, but I get super over heated. Additionally, keeping my hijab onto of my head is difficullt. It always keeps slipping off my head and shows my hair. This is exactly opposite of what is supposed to happen. My hair is supposed to remain covered. I`m hoping that I`ll be able to wear my hijab when I`m at work as it`s air conditioned there. Inshallah (God willing) I will be able to keep my fast and keep my head covered - as this is God`s wish for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment