Friday, April 6, 2012

Hi Hoe Hi Hoe, It's off to work I go

Tomorrow is the first day that I'm due back at work. It's about 75% back to normal. I'm still having the dizzy spells but rarely now and I've stopped having the shaking spells, thankfully. I still have a cough but I will live. So tomorrow I find out if I can be a nurse again.

You never realize how much you value health until you're sick, and boy do I miss being healthy! I miss going to work though. Being sick has certainly put a dent in my finances, I've been out of work for like 3 weeks now. I don't work full time and therefore do not get sick pay - rather a bummers for me! I'll survive, bummers it has to be on savings considering we don't have a whole lot at the moment!

I guess even if I'm not feeling the best tomorrow I'll have to suck it up and go anyways. Especially since I have a vacation that I want to go on and can't if we don't have the money for it! Pray that I can make it through, I don't want to have to come home sick cuz then my co workers have to work short - the hospital won't replace a nurse if it's in the middle of a shift, only if it's like before an hour after the shift starts.

So Hi Hoe Hi Hoe, It's off to work I go....









4 comments:

  1. Dee I am SO glad you are feeling better! You are so right, you never realize how important being healthy is until something happens. Keeping you in my thoughts!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks Julia - last evening wasn't too bad, it was filled with 5 men, 2 of which were on bed alarms for being high risk for falls, 1 of which has fallen FOUR times!!!! Has gotten 2 head injuries from this... CRAZINESS!!! Thankfully everyone stayed in their beds and I had a good first evening back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that's good that it wasn't too bad. I can't believe you didn't call me on your way home yesterday. today won't likely be good for chatting, I have a date tonight :) Can't wait to talk to you, hopefully soon, I'll try to watch Grey's before then :)

    ReplyDelete