Tuesday, December 25, 2012

If I can't go to Texas, then I want to move to Alberta!!!!

So my best friend - whom I've known for 30+yrs (ever since she was born) - just broke up with her boyfriend (sad I know but not the point) - and so I called to console her (as any good friend would do!) and was asking details and such and then I asked her about whether she would move to be closer to her mom & brothers (all moved from our hometown to the Alberta oil sands), which she said she would (kinda figured she would).

And then we got to talking about how long and such.... she said til she pays off her debt and can afford a good down payment for a house. Ok, that sounds logical right? I asked her if she was going to work in her own field (social worker) and she told me that she probably would but if she couldn't find work then she would take whatever was available, again logical! Then she told me that the ppl there generally earn approx. $30 PER HOUR, without having a specialization or a bacelors+ degree! Hell, her brother who only has a highschool education makes 70,000 per year! ok WOW!

Then I asked her what RPN's make, if her brother knew anyone..... he said they average 100,000 + per year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, now I'm moving to Alberta!!!! I have LOTS of debt and could totally use a down payment!!!! Now if only I could convince hubby to move to somewhere cold for a couple of years!

No comments:

Post a Comment