Saturday, January 18, 2014

Verdict completely over the top



So the verdict is in - 10 work day suspension.

My union rep agrees that it's over the top and excessive so we're appealing their decision.



Because of my schedule and the fact that I'm part time and I can ONLY work weekends due to my medical stuff, I don't work now until the middle of February.

Their reasons are retarded such as me not telling them I was going to school - well it's not like they said ANYWHERE or ANYTIME that I had to! IMO it wasn't their business. I still feel that way.

I only went to "clinical" when I was feeling ok medically and I only went twice - that doesn't mean that I could perform my "usual duties" as would be expected if I returned back to work. Even modified duties wouldn't be appropriate. What if I needed to completely get off my butt, it's not like I would be able to find a couch somewhere or crawl onto a stretcher to get off my butt.

The only good thing that comes out of this situation is that it gives hubby another month to find a vehicle that we are both happy with. I thought he had already settled on something then he turns around and changes his mind so we're back at square one.

A bummers is that the appeal process is going to take a long time - union rep told me not to expect a meeting for at least 6 months. I guess I'll be focused on school then.

No comments:

Post a Comment