Friday, May 23, 2014

We eloped

6 years ago we decided that there wasn't anything hubby and I could say or do that could turn his parents to support our decision to be together. So off we went and eloped.

We met through a dating site and conversed for just over a month before we met up. The day that I met hubby I knew that he was the one for me. I was so incredibly honest that I told him on our second date that if he were to ask me to marry him that day that I would say yes. There was just something about our connection that I knew would last all time. And I wasn't wrong - at least not yet!

That's not to say that we haven't had our ups and downs. We argue like anyone else but we communicate. I've learned that when his mom becomes a raging lunatic (at least once a week) that he will inevitably tranference it to me - and that I just have to walk away. I know that he will recognize his assholeishness (new word :P) and come and apologize.

Let me tell you, if you had asked me in the beginning where we would be, I wouldn't have thought one iota that we would be where we are today. We both have careers, we're both in school to advance our education - but we're still living in his parents house. If I could correct ANYTHING that would be it! Because of how unhappy I've been, hubby and I have arranged our living space to ensure that I have my "own" space that I can be in and get away from the rest of the family. We have a space that we can be together in and recharge our marriage battery. I also know that this won't be forever - we are making headway towards our dreams and aspirations. We are supporting one another, even if that means that we're compromising along the way.

To celebrate 6 years we're going to a hibachi/teppanyaki dining facility on Saturday (even though our anniversary is today) - oooooo I can't wait. This has been something that hubby and I talked about going for for two years or more, just haven't for some reason. But now we are and I'm uber excited!

I look forward to our future. I can't wait til I'm done my BSN. We want to have more children but we want ME to be done that at least. We want to have our OWN house - at least 4 rooms. I want to have a loud house full with my children's voices and that of their friends. I want my house to be the IT house. Just as my house was for my brother's friends (we lived in a neighborhood that had TONS of boys by brother's age but no girls my age - SUCH a pity!) - we nicknamed my parents house "grand central station" - because there was ALWAYS people over - friends or family, or both. My cousins LOVED being in our house because dinner time was always together and an event - it was always loud but there was always love. I would LOVE to have at least 2 more children - as many as 4 (if I'm lucky enough!)

Poor little tyke is sick atm - she has croup. She's been having recurring fevers. Poor darlin. Tomorrow is her end of the year school part - she wants to go soooooooooo bad. We'll see though because even if we don't send her to school, if she's ok enough later on we might let her check out the party. I hope she's ok though, it's rough seeing little tyke sick. Good thing for meds though!

No comments:

Post a Comment