Friday, October 17, 2014

What I'm learning about that will help me post ebola

Guess you could say I'm a bit obsessed. Much to hubby's disapproval. He thinks I'm over reacting.

But being prepared for the shit hitting the fan (SHTF) could mean the difference between life and death in a few months time.

Tampons will be more beneficial than just stemmin the flow of my menstrual cycle - it can be used as a bandage if the gauze is split open flat and applied to the wound.

Nylon can be used for filtering or as a tourniquet rataher than on my legs.

Fruit cake is an excellent food source to hoard as you don't have to worry about storage because it will last outside cling wrap or storage containers for MANY a years and it's high calories (if a bit empty).

For heating a room - put black plastic bags on the windows - but leave a gap in the bottom and the top - that way the cold air is drawn into the bottom gap, is heated and flows out the top gap.... thereby heating the room.

Did you know that snow with a red tinge is bad for you?! Don't know why exactly but don't eat it or you'll regret it!

You're going to want to keep warm - boil water, heat or even cook some food - in order to do that you're going to have to make a fire..... a couple of tips from survivorman -
1. Use cotton balls and petroleum jelly to create a fire long enough to ignite wood
2. Use corn chips as well
3. Did you know that DUCT TAPE will work too?!
4. You're going to want to bring your fire with you so that you don't have to go through the steps all over again at your next stop..... so bring cigars with you - a puff here and there will keep it ignited
5. If you think it's going to rain, build a big fire and then put big pieces of wood on top and protect the fire as much as you can and that way you don't have to rebuild and sacrifice valuable resources!
6. If you don't have cigars, make your own with wood products and simply roll a big enough package of them into a giant cigar.

I just hope I can make it to my parents cottage in time instead of trying to make it through the winter weather on foot because you knkow that if you don't leave early enough EVERYONE is trying to be leaving as well and you'll end up stuck where you are. If you leave too late then you're going to get screwed over because then you'll experience anarchy where everyone is trying to take from everyone else... and I don't want to be on the receiving end of that crap storm. If by some unfortunate possibility, I don't make it before hand or I only get part of the way there, then that means I have to somehow get my family north by foot - and it take 8 hrs by CAR... so just imagine how long it will take if we have to go by foot. Also - how in the world are we going to survive the wilderness in the WINTER?!

So ya, I'm worried - just a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit..... and personally I think everyone should be. Ebola isn't being stopped in its tracks and that means it WILL spread to here in North America. It's only a matter of time where it's not being contained over here as well. Time shall tell really.

No comments:

Post a Comment