Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Plugging along and birthday parties

Well I screwed up my nutrition test but did excellent on my nursing course test..... so I have to redo my nutrition test in the next couple of days.

Teacher just gave us the final exam study guide so I'm plugging away at that. ALOT of chapters to study let me tell ya!

On a separate note - saw the surgeon yesterday and he tightened the seton. Boy was that painful. Not as bad as when I came out of anesthesia or the first time he ever tightened the seton. He said he liked how I was healing and said that if I didn't experience pain with the tightening then it's not doing it's job.

Problem with tightening it yesterday was that it was my daughter's birthday and we were throwing a big party for her with several of her little friends at Chuck E Cheese. We had a blast but I was certainly in pain. The party went off without a hitch. It was nice to have another person to help throw the party and cater to the kids. They all seemed to enjoy themselves and I got a bunch of pictures. My little girl was sooooooooooooooo excited to have it there and at that location the mouse would come out every 30 minutes and dance and give away tickets and tokens and every time the mouse came out, so did she and she would be giving him hugs and high 5's constantly and when it went into the back she would follow him and beg for hugs and high 5's. It even came and did a personal appearance at her table to do a birthday presentation and have pictures taken. She also got a pinata that had tickets and token inside for her and her little friends to share. Plus she got a turn in the ticket blaster tube (just her, because she was the birthday girl!) to catch extra tickets (they're air blasted around her so she put her hands out and catch them and put them in her pockets in her dress)... she did SOOOOOOO good at this (the hostess said that she was surprised at how good that she did - that she's the best that she's seen in a long while b/c most forget to hold their hands out to catch the tickets and lose vital time to catch the tickets - b/c it's only active for 30 seconds). She also had a blast catchinig the tickets and being the only one to go in.

We certainly got our money's worth - she had a blast! Then they got to take their tokens and go play the games and go on the rides and take pictures with her friends. She was so excited that she took a long time to wind down once home.

It was a wonderful birthday and I like to think that she will remember this day for a long while. I know I remember my birthday when I was her age - having my birthday with my friends in my backyard and getting my new bike. We got little tyke a Frozen themed bike as well. And boy is she excited! My aunt bought her a Frozen themed helmet that is super cute and has a tiara on the front - and it matches perfectly with the bike. She wants us to walk it to school today so that she can ride it home she's that excited!

My parents and aunt came down for the weekend and got to spend time with us. It's the first time my dad has ever come down here since we've been living here. We were a bit concerned that he would be really, really bored when he came down but I've heard that he really, really enjoyed it here. Poor guy was subjected to tons of shopping with women..... story of his life these days (according to him!) We celebrated little tyke's birthday with family by going to a chinese restaurant - which they all loved. By the time that appetizers were out my dad was full and shocked that we still had to eat the rest of the meal!!!  HAHAHAHA We had fun though - and hubby's family actually talked to mine so we all had a good time.

She's one spoiled little girl! Good thing I love her to death, we spent a small fortune this year on her!


1 comment:

  1. That sounds like such a fun birthday and weekend! Happy birthday Little Tyke! Memories like these are ones she will keep forever. What a blessing to be able to experience the joy of birthdays through the eyes of a child. Also, I love that she got a bunch of Frozen stuff this year. How fun!!!

    -BedpanAlley

    ReplyDelete