Friday, September 11, 2015

Flooding wards

Because we're a neuro unit we get a lot of things - like ETOH withdrawl - to take care of.

These can be easy, but then there are times where it's not.....

Like the other evening when I was taking care of someone who was just transferred to the unit and was in the early stages

I told my pt to stay in bed and the spouse to not allow the pt out of bed because they hadn't been assessed and indicated that if the pt got up that they were at increased risk of falling and so it was better to stay put.

Well NEITHER listened! What a shock huh?!

Next thing I know I'm walking past the room and the spouse is flagging me down saying that water is coming out from under the bathroom door - YAAAAAAAAAAAAA - like a god damn flood gate opened up or the sky opened up and rained a deluge on the floor of my ward room.

Of course the pt locked the damn door so it's not like i could turn off the water....

Once the pt did the bathroom was flooded as well - reason for the water???

The pt wanted a SHOWER and used the hose at the back of the toilet to have one in a bathroom without a drain or an actual shower head!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! There can be great patients, or difficult patients with great family members, or there can be this. I am so sorry you had to deal with this! Also, I am glad that it is over for you...

    -BedpanAlley

    ReplyDelete