Monday, September 5, 2016

Trying my best

It's been a little over a week since I had my surgery. It has its good moments and bad - times when I think I may have an infection but then I'm unsure about what color discharge should be seen considering where the surgery was. I have follow-up on the surgery in a couple of weeks so we'll see.

I've been trying to not aggravate the area so I've pretty much been reclining or laying on the couch and getting my school work done. Boy I can't wait for this semester to be over, and it only just began last week!

Our prof has us doing our NCLEX prep stuff differently than what is normally done in which you study and then take the tests/quizzes. Well she has us doing the quizzes/tests without any studying so that we find out where we're weak and therefore need to spend our time studying THAT stuff. Her way makes sense, just wish she would have explained this at the very beginning. Oh well, c'est la vie!

I'm below where I need to be for the HESI but I know that I can get to where I need to by going through this process. I certainly know I have a bunch to relearn/remember from the paeds and OB course that were tested out of like 4 years ago!!! So it's not like the information is fresh in my mind or anything. I also suck at remembering cardiac stuff (Lt vs. Rt heart failure) or all the values for cardiac stuff (cardiac output, atrial pressures, etc...) or ventilatory settings - the norms and what you would do when they are off and such. I also suck at remember cranial nerves  - even tho that's where I worked for like 4 years!!! So bad!!! I also have to go back and remember developmental milestones & stages as well as immunization schedule (FYI they're different for Canada vs. the US!) so I guess I'm going to have study study and study some more. But at least I know where my sucky areas are.

This week and next week I have major papers due for the other course so I'm going to be busy plugging away at those. Nice this is that little tyke starts back up in school in 2 days time which means she'll be in a regular routine and I can stay awake all night long like I normally do without feeling bad that I have to sleep at some point during the day - at least while she's in school she's away and doesn't care that I'm sleeping.  Yay for little kids schooling!!!! Now back to studying....

No comments:

Post a Comment