Thursday, October 27, 2016

New Graduate Residency (NGR)/Nurse Residency Program (NRP)

So I got an email yesterday from the NRP human resources (HR) personnel indicating that they were trying to reach me and had left me several voicemails. On friday I had received an email that gave me an idea that they might be giving me some good news sometime soon - at least thats what I was hoping for.

But I had completely forgotten that our cellphone broke just last week and didn't think about the fact that I didn't have access to voicemails and that ppl would be trying to reach me. Additionally, the HR person and I had always emailed one another and so I didn't think that she would try to reach me by phone - such a blonde moment!

So I emailed the HR person and explained what happened with the phone and gave an alternative number. But in the evening I questioned hubby about whether we could retrieve the voicemails - so we were able to get that to work and I heard what was said.... not much other than that they had "good news" for me and wanted to talk to me about it on the phone. Well while we were listening to them I then had an epiphany about whether we could forward the cellphone to another phone ***without using the cellphone because it was broken and wouldn't even turn on. We contacted our phone provider who helped us through that and now it's forwarded.

This morning the HR person called me and offered me a position with a brand new NGR with their pediatric/PICU!!!! And they're also going to put me through L&D/post partum and NICU so that I can do shifts in this area if need be!!! OMG I'm ecstatic. I NEVER thought in a MILLION years that they would consider me for that area because I don't have extensive clinical experience in peds and no experience in PICU - only through the ER and so I never thought that they would offer me this NGR. I'm so excited I can't even explain it.

When I did my interview, they asked what area I was interested in. I told them that I was pulled in two - one way being my passion and hearts desire to work in peds/NICU/PICU which I had PERSONAL experience with but little to no clinical experience in these areas, but felt that I wanted to work in those because I could relate a bit to what parents are going through when you expect a healthy baby and they end up in the NICU instead and then the flip side where I have the clincal and work experience in adult care which lends well to the critical care NGR. After this the interview continuued on like it normally would - but the questions were generic in nature and didn't ask me to talk about how my peds/ER experience would lend well to the NRP I got offered. Either way, doesn't matter anymore, my hard work and perseverence is paying off big!

Now that I've been offered this, I have to get my butt in gear and finish my program off as strong as I can and get prepared to write the NCLEX ASAP!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you!!! Congratulations dear friend, this has been a long time coming for you. Praise the L-rd!

    -BedpanAlley

    ReplyDelete